Jun 26, 2007

Zoo

I went to the San Francisco Zoo for the very first time this Sunday. So while most people were being smothered by rainbow flags at gay pride downtown, I enjoyed the sleepy lions and silly gorillas.



The chimps were mellow. One hid under a blankie.



Just like Bird's Landing, there are peacocks roaming free.


I don't know if this is a kangaroo or a wallaroo.


The polar bears made me feel sleepy.



One of a pair of four year old sister bears


The lions reminded me of Birdy when she's being nice.



The silverback gorilla sat in a plastic bucket and acted tough.


I want to go back when there are no grown men making bad animal sounds at the animals

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I love looking at animals - but the National Zoo in DC always made me sad - there wasn't enough room for the animals to move around and the big apes looked depressed - I haven't been to a zoo since. I hope the SF one was better than that!

Madeline said...

The big cats are like Birdy only much much less dangerous.

Markasaurus said...

I would like to point out that none of the big cats suck their tails.

Andy said...

Birdy is a like a 700 pound tiger with nothing to hunt.

Madeline said...

But with a tail to deep throat.