Jun 10, 2007

Grand Opening / Squid songs

Three Cheers! My aunt Jean has been accepted into the Carmel Art Association. Last night was the opening night for the three (just three!) inductees! So I took some distorted photos of her work and also of the guests, friends and family from around California.

This one is actually my bathroom in my old studio on 25th, and one of two of Jean's paintings to sell. When it was pulled off the wall there were all these gasps. It was among the favorites of the show.

This was the other one that sold.

Jean and Jerry and Phyllis

Anita, John and I (I'm the one with the gigantic nose). Jean, Katie and Jerry in the background.

Virginia and John talk art

Jean got flowers and a squid song!

Oh my god. Where did I leave my wine?

Jean sparkles

I unfortunately didn't get any good shots of my mom, Carol, Terry, Phyllis, Holly, Pam or Diana. Jean, have you uploaded your pictures yet?

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Yay for Jean's sparkly dress.

Lesley said...

glad to finally see some of J'Art's pieces..unique and full of light; squid song?

Andy said...

If my facts are correct, Jerry arrived and sang an original song about squid to Jean.

Madeline said...

And Andy was wearing the squid brains tie I got him. All very appropriate.