Jun 11, 2007

Muddy Buddy very muddy


Alicia and I ran/rode the Muddy Buddy race yesterday way up in some hills which I forgot the name of. We were late so we don't have an official time, but it doesn't matter because we are both winners anyway. I started off with the bike which doesn't shift or break very well and Alicia ran. The way it works is that you switch off running and riding at each obstacle and at the end swim/crawl through a huge mud pit together.

One thing that struck me was the attitudes of some of the racers, a lot of whoops of encouragement which is not my thing, but fine, and also strange competitive comments. For instance, one woman who I rode by on a downhill was running. She said to me, "you can go faster than that," with a you're-a-wussy tone. Whatever, my bike has no breaks, I can go as slow as I want [expletive].

So regardless of my poor attitude about poor attitudes it was a great time.

Yes, those are our socks. We walked through cow manure in them after the race to get back to the car.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you were right, I don't think I wanted BBQ twigs made by a man with cow dung on his face and in his socks. I trust you've showered since then?

Andy said...

Shower? as long as Madeline is in India there's no need.

Dani said...

gross. gross.

Madeline said...

There is a need. I don't want your cow dung covered self sleeping on my sheets.