May 2, 2008

Stuck in Dulles Airport

I think I've been delayed at Dulles airport almost as many times as I have George Bush International in Houston. After a systematic review, George Bush International has a greater quantity of American flag shirts, both for sale and on bodies.

I took a red eye out last night. Red-eyes are always strange because, at least heading east, the sun only sets for a few hours...like being in Alaska, except I was on a plane.

The good news is that I'm on my way to kj and Sean's superhero themed wedding in Providence and I have an amazing costume. In preparation, I was supposed to have learned Mendelssohn's 'Wedding March' on Kazoo, but I haven't and the airport does not sell kazoos.
Pictures to come...

Airport update: They delayed us from 8am until 12:30pm, loaded us on the plane, let us sit there, then told us the plane was broken and we had to get off. Now they will give us an update at 2pm. They also gave us $50. Thanks United.

5 comments:

Markasaurus said...

Flying red eyes is like Alaska except you aren't as likely to be eaten by polar bears.

Anonymous said...

i don't like that airport either. but i love the webpage they made. so fucking creative.

be safe friend!

Andy said...

yes, it does feel a little less bear-y than AK.

And...ooh, the airport website, another way to kill time. Thanks for the tip Fig.

Anonymous said...

ha! i didn't mean the airport website, i mean the site that your friends made for their wedding...
HA!

Andy said...

haha. yeah, I looked at the Dulles Airport website and was very bored.