Dec 25, 2007

Texas - I made it!

My itinerary to get to Harlingen, TX for Christmas was as follows:

Oakland to George Bush International - the red eye - 12:35AM to 6AM

George Bush Intl to Harlingen - 9ish AM to 10ish AM.

Instead, my red eye out was oversold. No body gave up there seat for me and why would they? The Continental staff couldn't find me anything. Did I want to fly into San Antonio and rent a car to drive to Harlingen in the middle the the following night? No. Did I want to fly on the 23rd and return on the 25th? No.

After waiting with two tearful angry men until 2AM I finally got it sorted out. I would take a shuttle to San Jose airport, take the 9:55AM to Houston and the 6PM to McAllen where the family would get me.

I was compensated $275. And although I would have preferred a hotel to the San Jose airport floor, I did get breakfast and lunch vouchers.

This is me sleeping in the City Shuttle on the way to San Jose from Oakland. Half way to the airport we went BACK to Oakland to pickup two more travelers. I guess the van was more comfortable than the floor was about to be (I used my shoes as a pillow).

I ate fried rice, bacon and eggs with my breakfast voucher at 4:30AM in San Jose.


YUM.

This couple was soo into the Bush History montage in Houston International.


My trip was awesome but way too short. Lesley and I went to the Brownsville zoo on the 24th and saw a baby gorilla, baby kangaroos and baby meercats. OMG.



More soon...I'm back at George Bush Intl right now starting to doubt that I'll be home tonight.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You are slacking on your blogging! (What am I supposed to do all day - work??)